Thursday, June 22, 2006

Version 2.0?

Some may know that I have been shepherding a project at work to create a version 2.0 of the application I have worked on for years. It is a major undertaking and we are well underway; but I'm beginning to think that the only version 2.0 I will nuture this year will be this one:

(Not such a bad thing!)

The work project is on the rocks because cost cutting measures are being imposed across the company. It just might not be in the cards for now. It is sad because I have invested many hours into this over the last two years -- dreaming it up, packaging it, selling it, seeing it become reality and even start to get off the ground. It might continue in a limited way but not the way I envisioned it. Oh well. That's how it goes sometimes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naturally, I love the shirt! I'm sad to hear that your digital off-spring are struggling but, I have so many black sheep, unruly miscreants, and star pupils, you can have some of mine!

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, cute little 2.0. A nerdling in the making?

2:31 PM  
Blogger David said...

Can't avoid it, I'm afraid.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home