Monday, January 29, 2007

An accountin'


This small composition book fits in my back pocket. I use to it to record everything I spend. This is an effort Lori and I are trying out to help us save money in the hopes of paying off some debts and starting a college fund for Molly. Yes, I'm a little ashamed that we haven't done that yet. Thus, the book.

Before this new method of accounting (which only just started last week), it was already well established that I am the spendthrift in the family. Want to go out to eat -- let's go! Should I buy the book or the CD? Buy both! Is that premium brand really better than the generic brand? Oh, probably!

Seriously, though, I really don't know how I spend all this money. And yet somehow the responsibility of keeping track of our finances has fallen to me. Yikes. I'll be interested to see what we find out.

3 Comments:

Blogger bookgirl said...

Yes, but who is the ogre who instituted the hateful notebooks?

Thanks, honey. I thank you now, Molly will thank you in the future.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Portipont said...

We had little green index cards. Whatever happened to those...? I am not sure what I ever wrote down on them, though, since the only things I seem to know how to buy are gas and beer. I can really buy beer like a champ. But take, for instance, a recent outing of mine: went to Staples to buy some pencils, went to Barnes and Noble to buy a Moleskine, and to both K-Mart and Target to buy long underwear. I was unsuccessful on all counts. How does someone fail to buy pencils at Staples?
And yet, the money goes. Where?

12:06 AM  
Blogger David said...

I can relate. Apparently all I buy is beer, diet coke, and lunch once a week. We go out to eat too much but Lori has to pay for that because I've usually spent all my money by the time we get around to that.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home