Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Today's Special

I went for a swim during my lunch hour today and I stopped by the SuperAmerica convenience store to pick up a Diet Coke. As I was standing in line, I saw a sign on the counter advertising a special deal:

"BUY 3 PACKS OF TOURNEYS
AND GET A
BREAKFAST SANDWICH, FREE!"

The sign pictured three packs of cigarettes fanned out like a deck of cards across from a breakfast sandwich (english muffin with a fried egg, sausage patty, and cheese). Maybe I was feeling a little superior since I had just exercised, but I couldn't help but think this was a little over the top. You get a free sandwich if you buy THREE packs of cigarettes? Do you get TWO sandwiches if you buy SIX packs? Or is there a limit? The sign didn't say. Don't they want their customers to come back? Yikes, dude!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, is this what we're having for breakfast tomorrow?

10:03 PM  
Blogger David said...

Well if we both want to eat, that would be about $30 for 2 sandwiches. I think I'll stick with cereal.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Portipont said...

Looking at that pack of cigs I am about to throw up. I mean, show me a pack of Camel unfiltereds or even some Pall Malls and I'll get all reverent and hushed and think, for a moment at least, that a cigarette right now would be realllly good--but these...Tourney? I love the name for what the makers (who makes cigarettes like this anyway? Prisons? Siberian syndicalists? The CIA?) must want us to associate with the brand.
And to think--you choke down 60 of these and your reward is food from a gas station.
No wonder so many people vote Republican, with stuff like this in our systems.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home